Home › Forums › Online WRAP Community › General Discussion › What do folks do to help with stressful situations? › Reply To: What do folks do to help with stressful situations?
Great question, especially for these trying times. I have a variety of coping strategies for stress:
– Meditation – this is new for me. The breathing exercises have never worked for me, but I found a method that does – using a mantra with a phrase that is meaningful for me.
– Gratitude – focusing on the bright side of the stressful situations
– Talking to a friend who I can trust to listen and not judge
– Reading novels, watching shows for entertainment/escape
– Massage – not often enough!
– Reading self-help/personal development for new ideas to add to my repertoire
Would love to hear other people’s ideas, too…