This 2018 edition of Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) is the first substantial update to the WRAP “Red Book” in 20 years. Though revised, it offers the same simple wellness process that anybody can use to address a variety of physical, mental health, and life issues to help you achieve your wellness your way.
The updated version includes new features such as:
- A revised introduction
- Two all-new chapters
- Changes to the wellness toolbox and daily plan
- Addition of trauma-informed language
- Updates to stressors (formerly “triggers”)
- Expansion of crisis plan information
- New appendices
- Enhanced design and layout
As an evidence-based practice, WRAP peer-group intervention has been shown to increase hopefulness, improve quality of life, increase people’s ability to self-advocate, increase feelings of empowerment, reduce the need to use healthcare services over time, and improve recovery outcomes.
Wellness Recovery Action Plan, often called the Red Book, summarizes the principles of this evidence-based practice and is the “go-to” book for people seeking a recovery resource or starting their own personal WRAP program. It lays the foundation for the program and explains the benefits of WRAP while guiding you through developing your own WRAP.
The updated Red Book will help you:
- Discover your own simple, safe wellness tools
- Develop a daily plan to help you stay as well as possible
- Identify upsetting events or circumstances and develop action plans for responding to them
- Create a strategy to gain support and stay in control of your wellness during and after a crisis